Informatica unleashes new intelligent data lake management solution for GDPR at Strata Data Conference 2017
Informatica®, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader accelerating data-driven digital transformation, today announced a new set of solutions and enhancements in the areas of intelligent data lake management and enterprise data cataloguing and discovery that enable organisations to turn data lakes into business value using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the cloud to drive intelligent disruption.
The new Informatica offerings and enhancements will debut at the Strata Data Conference 2017, Booth 543, on September 26-28, at the Javits Center in New York City. Informatica will also showcase the latest version of many core components of the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform® (release 10.2), powered by the CLAIRE™ engine. With clairvoyance in mind and AI at the centre, CLAIRE is the industry’s most advanced metadata-driven AI technology embedded in the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform. CLAIRE delivers intelligence to Informatica data management products and solutions by applying machine learning to technical, business, operational and usage metadata across the entire hybrid enterprise, on-premises and in the cloud.
With its new solutions, Informatica now delivers:
- An exponential leap forward in accelerating regulatory compliance efforts for the era of GDPR,
- The industry’s only intelligent data catalogue that now integrates with Hortonworks Atlas, and
- The industry’s first end-to-end data lake management solution in the cloud to support Cloudera Altus.
[easy-tweet tweet=”Informatica Compliance Data Lake is a new, end-to-end data lake management solution architecture” hashtags=”Data, Cloud”]
Exponential leap forward in accelerating regulatory compliance efforts for the era of GDPR
Informatica Compliance Data Lake is a new, end-to-end data lake management solution architecture that empowers compliance analysts to rapidly build comprehensive and trusted compliance reports. This is especially important now with regulations such as the European Union’s GDPR, which becomes effective in May 2018, and could have significant impact for organisations and how they manage data pertaining to customers, partners, and other sensitive data entities. Built on Informatica Intelligent Data Lake®, Informatica Big Data Management®, Informatica Enterprise Information Catalogue and other Informatica technologies, the Compliance Data Lake powers a comprehensive view of previously inaccessible compliance-related data from email, social media, instant messages, financial transactions and other non-traditional sources. This provides more accurate compliance analytics and reporting to ensure and prove adherence to critical regulations, such as GDPR.
Organisations can accelerate their regulatory compliance through rapid intelligent data discovery, optimised data processing, support for collaborative and efficient human workflows, and easy self-service data preparation with AI and machine learning-assisted automation and governance. Informatica delivers pre-built connectors and parsers to collect, process, and deliver a variety of application and user data including unstructured data such as emails and chats of ever increasing volume, and can deploy the solution in the cloud or on-premises. By enabling all types of compliance-related data to be ingested and processed in one place, a compliance data lake dramatically improves analytics necessary to support compliance reporting.With the recent release of 10.2, Informatica Enterprise Information Catalogue is now integrated with Informatica Axon™ which powers the industry’s first enterprise data governance solution. This increases business and IT’s ability to collaborate to define, implement, and track outcomes including those related to regulatory compliance.
Industry’s only intelligent data catalogue now integrates with Hortonworks Atlas
With 10.2, Informatica delivers the industry’s leading AI- and metadata-driven data catalogue for discovering, understanding, and managing all enterprise data wherever it resides, with one-click rapid deployments on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure. Powered by CLAIRE, Informatica Enterprise Information Catalogue can discover and catalogue all types of data and data relationships across the enterprise, including both structured and unstructured data. Informatica Enterprise Information Catalogue is the most comprehensive and intelligent enterprise data cataloguing and discovery solution to support Apache Atlas, Hortonworks’ open-source big data governance framework. The integration of Enterprise Information Catalogue and Atlas enables data professionals to get complete end-to-end visibility and lineage for all enterprise data outside of Hadoop and inside Hadoop-based data lakes.
Industry’s first end-to-end data lake management solution in the cloud to support Cloudera Altus
As a leading solution for data integration on data lakes in the cloud, Informatica Big Data Management will support Cloudera Altus, Cloudera’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering that speeds the creation and operation of elastic data pipelines for data lakes in the cloud. Together, Informatica and Cloudera provide the power of Informatica’s advanced and extensive data transformations with the simplicity of Cloudera’s PaaS for an end-to-end data lake management solution in the cloud. Informatica has reimagined big data and data lake management with the recent release of 10.2, managing all types of data at all latencies, including real-time streaming, for all types of users, at scale – while executing on-the-fly advanced data transformations and data quality rules using collaborative visualisations and governed self-service data preparation tools.
- “Intelligent disruption is built on a solid data foundation and the pace of innovation, and is dependent on the ability to unleash the power of data to become more agile, gather faster insights and make smarter data-driven decisions,” said Ronen Schwartz, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud, Big Data and Data Integration, Informatica. “The new offerings and enhancements we are unveiling at the Strata Data Conference in New York are all aimed at helping organisations rapidly discover, access and unleash the power of all their data, whether in the cloud, on-premises or in big data environments. Informatica delivers a comprehensive approach to intelligent data lake management and data cataloguing and discovery, using AI and other technologies to ensure that customers get the data they need to power trusted advanced analytics.”
- “Throughout our long partnership, Cloudera and Informatica have developed many seamless integrations between Cloudera Enterprise and Informatica’s comprehensive data lake management portfolio,” said Philippe Marinier, vice president, Business Development, Cloudera. “Beyond being one of the first ISV partners to integrate with Cloudera Navigator, Informatica’s integration with Cloudera Altus Data Engineering will enable our joint customers to benefit from Informatica’s enterprise-grade connectivity, advanced data transformations, and high-performance pipeline optimisation while deploying metadata-driven data hubs in the cloud.”