New Barracuda Backup Updates Minimize Downtime in VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V Environments
- Barracuda enhances data protection capabilities with the new Barracuda BackupLiveBoot 2.0, which expands Cloud LiveBoot to include the ability to rapidly spin up Microsoft Hyper-V environments in the Barracuda Cloud, and reduces boot times to minimise downtime in VMware vSphere and Hyper-V environments.
- Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0 updates provide faster and easier recovery for on-premises VMware environments in cases where primary storage is lost or no longer available and increased support for larger virtual machines.
- Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0 also includes a new VM Preview capability that gives customers and MSPs the ability to see a screenshot of a VM so they know if/when it is ready for use, as well as user interface improvements that allow for pre-configuration and bulk management.
Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) today announced Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0, which includes Cloud LiveBoot for Microsoft Hyper-V and gives customers faster restores to minimise downtime in VMware vSphere and Hyper-V environments. Barracuda LiveBoot 2.0 offers a backup and recovery option for larger virtual machines and reduces boot times.
[easy-tweet tweet=”In today’s landscape, there are a lot of potential obstacles” hashtags=”Backup, Storage”]
“The whole point of deploying a backup strategy is to make sure businesses are covered when things go wrong, and in today’s landscape, there are a lot of potential obstacles,” said Rod Mathews, senior vice president and general manager, data protection at Barracuda. “We’ve seen everything from natural disasters to ransomware attacks or employees accidentally deleting critical files that can wreak havoc on an organisation’s recovery strategy. Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0 provides customers with a powerful and affordable layer of protection for recovering lost data.”
Faster Restores, Reduced Downtime
Network Computing1 recently reported that IT downtime costs enterprises $700 billion a year, and according to a study by Everbridge2, the average cost of IT downtime is $8,662 per minute. These statistics underpin the critical need to limit downtime in order to conserve resources, save money, and keep business moving. Using Barracuda’s LiveBoot and Cloud LiveBoot, customers can quickly and easily be back online and be running while additional fixes are being implemented.
Using Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0
Barracuda Backup and Barracuda Backup – Intronis MSP Edition includes LiveBoot 2.0, which gives organisations protecting VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments the option to leverage their Barracuda Backup appliance or the Barracuda Cloud if their own virtual environment becomes unavailable. Options include:
- LiveBoot (for VMware) – allows customers and MSP partners to recover from primary storage failures by using Barracuda Backup as a storage source for VMware hypervisors, quickly booting the protected virtual machine directly from the local backup.
- Cloud LiveBoot (for Hyper-V and VMware) – allows customers and MSP partners to boot VMs directly from backups stored in the Barracuda Cloud, and assign private or public addresses to devices for remote access.
[easy-tweet tweet=”LiveBoot 2.0 provides rapid recovery for virtual environments” hashtags=”Storage “]
Continued Increase in Value
Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0 provides rapid recovery for virtual environments built into Barracuda Backup, without additional costs or complexity to customers with an active subscription. This new functionality continues to provide value to new and current customers, much like the platform refresh that was announced just last month, which included increased storage capacities, meaning a lower cost per terabyte with more room for data growth. The refresh also included performance boosts that enable faster backup, restore, and replication speeds — also at no additional cost to customers with active subscriptions.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Backup LiveBoot 2.0 is available at no additional cost to active Barracuda Backup and Barracuda Backup – Intronis MSP Edition subscribers. For more information, please visit cuda.co/backup.
Blog: Barracuda LiveBoot 2.0 – cuda.co/18368
Blog: LiveBoot 2.0 for MSPs – cuda.co/mspliveboot
Case Study: Hayward Tyler Group – cuda.co/cshtyler
Hayward Tyler Group was hit with a ransomware attack. By leveraging Barracuda Backup, the company was able to identify all encrypted files, delete them, and restore previous uninfected versions of the files from the most recent backup created, all within an hour of discovering the ransomware attack.
Video: Understanding Ransomware – cuda.co/vm3926
IHS Markit Survey, “The Cost of Server, Application, and Network Downtime: North American Enterprise Survey and Calculator” – cuda.co/ihs700b
2 Everbridge, “The 2017 State of IT Incident Management” 2016 – cuda.co/italt1
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside. This powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organisations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployment configurations. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data protection. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.