- Provides single, consolidated management view of data protection environment for MSPs and enterprises
- Cloud-based solution delivers unmatched monitoring from any location and any device
- Helps ensure uptime of all systems, applications and data as an extension of Quest Rapid Recovery
ALISO VIEJO, Calif—Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, today announced the new Quest Data Protection Portal – an intuitive, cloud-based management console that provides end-to-end visibility for an entire data protection environment. The first release of the new portal is an extension of Quest’s award-winning Rapid Recovery solution. The portal addresses a growing demand among Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and enterprise customers for a single pane of glass view into managing and monitoring growing data protection environments from anywhere at any time. Over time, the Quest Data Protection Portal will encompass all of the business’s data protection solutions, giving customers complete visibility and management of backup and recovery needs of business applications across hybrid virtual infrastructures.
To stay competitive and successful, companies cannot afford a minute of downtime. Though an effective backup and recovery solution remains critical to ensuring business continuity, as organisations are tasked with protecting increasingly complex and heterogeneous environments spanning physical, virtual and cloud-based systems, data protection management has become a mounting challenge for enterprises and MSPs alike.
[easy-tweet tweet=”The Quest Data Protection Portal is cloud based” hashtags=”Cloud, Data”]
The Quest Data Protection Portal is cloud based and extends the capabilities of Quest Rapid Recovery by giving enterprises a single management console to easily monitor and manage their entire data protection environment. With the portal, MSPs gain a single point of entry to easily manage backup and recovery across multiple customers, use cases and deployment locations – all through a single interface. Key features and functionalities of the Quest Data Protection portal include:
- Cross-location and device monitoring: A cloud-based delivery model ensures that customers can monitor all of their Rapid Recovery Core servers in any location, from any location via mobile device, laptop or desktop.
- Activity status displays: Admins and MSPs can check the status of all backups, replications, and virtual standbys across entire data protection surface areas and customer deployments within the solution for easy updates and peace of mind.
- Access control at group and user levels: Maintain the highest level of security and ensure the right users can access the business critical data they need and at any time.
- Near real-time alerting: In the event of a backup or recovery error, admins receive real-time notifications and recommended tactics to ensure the environment is operating at optimal levels at all times.
“At Quest, we pride ourselves on delivering the software tools, both on-premises and in the cloud, that address our customers’ toughest technology challenges,” said Ronnie Wilson, President and GM, Quest DP | KACE. “With the new Data Protection Portal, we’re giving MSPs and enterprise customers a simple, single-pane-of-glass data protection management console so they can monitor and protect an increasingly complex backup and recovery environment, and react quickly in the event of a disaster.”
“As an early adopter of the Data Protection Portal, our experience since implementation has been extremely favourable,” said Rigo Verastica, Server Administrator, Digital I/O, LLC. “The portal is an impressive tool that facilitates managing and monitoring the health of our entire backup universe. Technical support during the process has been world-class.”