DevOps practices for mobile app development continue to be popular, allowing better integration with existing development processes and better-utilising resources. It is essential to understand this development approach’s key value propositions.
This article will explain the critical reasons for leading mobile development companies to adopt mobile DevOps practices to boost productivity and efficiency.
What Exactly is DevOps?
DevOps is a modern software development methodology that, for the first time, ensured a collaborative approach to bridge the gap between the development process and business operations. In other words, to say, it ensures optimum collaboration between all the different processes and contributors that play an essential role in the development and deployment of software. Bringing everyone in a project on the same page ensures excellent productivity, superior output, and higher efficiency.
Mobile DevOps Speeds Up App Release
DevOps allowing collaboration across development and operation teams, ensures streamlining the entire processes, from conceptualising, development, testing and deployment.
It allows easy sharing of information between multiple teams and can reduce the time of the development cycle. During the development, the frequent iterations ensure quicker code deployment and testing to save a lot of time than the phase-by-phase process.
In addition to all these, mobile DevOps offers a quicker path to fix software issues throughout the development cycle instead of waiting for testing at the end of the cycle. This continuous testing and continuous development woven into one another speeds up development while ensuring optimum quality.
In many parts of the world where budget-friendly development takes the lead role, faster development ensured by the mobile DevOps approach has come as a big rescuer. Thousands of expert mobile app developers in India who need to face stiff competition in cost and efficiency are increasingly finding DevOps as the most suitable development approach.
Efficient Resource Utilization
An integral and key part of the mobile DevOps approach is automation that ensures appropriate resource utilisation and streamlining processes. Automation is carried out, starting from the source code management to develop tools for app testing.
Mobile app test automation ensures continuous iteration, frequent deployment, and instant app releases giving productivity and efficiency a solid boost.
Creating Winning Apps Becomes Easier
Thanks to the mobile DevOps approach, developers and operations staff can collaborate more frequently to create innovative new features, offer unique user benefits, and deliver unique advantages. All these end up creating better apps.
Since user experience has become the single most important yardstick for judging an app product, innovative features have become important. This is where the continuous iteration of the DevOps approach proves to be highly effective.
A Plentitude of Development Tools and Options
There is no dearth of sophisticated tools and diverse development options befitting every platform and development needs for mobile app development. For every app feature, you can find hundreds of quality tools. DevOps development methodology allows developers to use a large repertoire of tools and technologies.
Thanks to the continuous integration and modular approach of mobile DevOps incorporating any tool, developing, deploying, and testing the output within a short span of time is easy. These faster cycles of development, deployment, and testing make a place for more experimentations and the use of diverse tools.
Fortunately, DevOps teams now have access to a plethora of development, deployment, and testing tools that can be modularity used across multiple projects while making way for continuous development, deployment, and testing.
Mobile DevOps for Doing Away with Bottlenecks
The principal idea that made mobile DevOps possible is boosting efficiency, transparency, and internal collaboration to develop better software products. Thanks to mobile DevOps, some of the key bottlenecks that can be mitigated include the following.
- Addressing Inconsistency Across Environments: Mobile DevOps can streamline the entire process doing away with the inconsistency of different tools and practices across platforms.
- Automation to do Away with Manual Interventions: In an environment created for full automation, the manual interventions only create bottlenecks, and this is where DevOps is effective.
- Bringing together Old and New Development Perspectives: DevOps can easily incorporate new approaches and innovations into the older development paradigms without harming efficiency.
- Addressing the Absence of Operational Practices: Thanks to mobile DevOps, an organisation can fix operational shortcomings and inefficiencies. By utilising mobile DevOps practices, both new and different types of operational practices can be incorporated. Thanks to DevOps, new ways of managing the changes, issues, server requests, etc., can be established.
- Replacing Manual or Older Testing: Since testing and quality assurance (QA) are crucial aspects of building high-quality apps, old and manual testing mechanisms are considered bottlenecks for most projects. This is where DevOps can play a great role in ensuring complete automation and continuous testing.
- Addressing Lack of Alignment: It is a common issue for many big organisations where not everyone in different departments is properly informed and aligned with the software development processes. The mobile DevOps approach in this respect can bring together everyone on the same page and ensure comprehensive alignment of different personnel and professionals.
DevOps not just makes better, only a single aspect of software or app development. It boosts up the whole organisational structure. This ensures a better and more efficient process, more effective collaboration, and a high-quality software product.