Over time, Artificial Intelligence has become a significant part of our everyday life and is not just a science-fiction idea anymore. Voice assistants like Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana, and many such AI systems are used by us to interact with our speakers and phones. Cars built by Tesla can drive themselves by intelligently interpreting and analyzing their surroundings. There are many other applications of AI that surround us yet we don’t realize.
In the year 1956, John McCarthy, one of the founders of Artificial Intelligence said: “As soon as it works, no-one calls it AI anymore”.
Though we are using Artificial Intelligence-based systems every day, the question “How it will impact the future?” still remains. Let’s have a look at how AI will change the future of work, education and most importantly the future of humans.
The future of work:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is reshaping companies leading to increased productivity which in turn offers economic growth. This technology will change the nature of the workplace as well as the work since machines will be able to complement the work done by humans, perform a larger number of tasks in less time and even be able to carry out the tasks that go beyond the ability of humans.
Many believe that the emergence of AI technology will displace workers. In the next 15 years, it is likely that this technology will take the place of about 40% of human jobs. But many fail to see how this technology will benefit the employment sector.
- Boosts Productivity: Many companies have confirmed that the implementation of AI in their business has improved their productivity. With the deep integration of software and machines in companies, the workplace will grow continually by enabling humans and machines to work as one.
- Stimulate Innovation: The future workforce will lean towards the creativity and innovation which will drive the business. With the help of automation, tedious tasks will become completely computerized. This will help employees to focus their time and energy on customer-oriented tasks. Also, promoting creativity gives employees a sense of satisfaction.
- Create jobs: Contrary to the belief that AI will displace human jobs, it is safe to say that this technology will give rise to new jobs as well. Artificial Intelligence and robots will give rise to as many jobs as they displace. Data scientists and Machine Learning engineers will be of high demand.
The future of education:
The swift growth of technologies like artificial intelligence and robotics has influenced various industries, including education. AI can be connected to multiple classrooms across the world as it is computer based. While these programs can teach maths or literacy to students, emotional and social skills will be taught by humans.
The benefits of AI in education:
- Customized learning: Learning based on the needs of an individual targeting their strengths and weaknesses is one of the key advantages of Artificial Intelligence. AI systems help to provide a tailored learning experience to students based on their learning abilities.
- Essential and instant feedback: Students have increasing hesitancy of asking queries or clearing their doubts regarding the concepts of the course with their teachers in front of their peers. Artificial Intelligence has made it convenient for students to raise questions, make mistakes and get the feedback they require for their improvement.
- Collaborative learning: By examining the data of each student, Artificial Intelligence systems can group students depending on their character, strengths and interdependent skills. This will make the process of learning smooth and productive.
The future of humans:
Artificial intelligence is the duplication of human intelligence processes by machines like computer systems which include learning, reasoning, and self-correction. Its implementation has improved in the last couple of years. There is a rising fear that this technology will eventually replace human workers. But AI is a friend rather than a foe and while it will completely change the way the work is done, the broader impact of this will be in enhancing the capabilities of humans. Here’s how
- Enhanced automation: At present, Artificial Intelligence can execute intense human activities smoothly without the necessity for human interference. This has remarkably automated many jobs in various industries.
- Smart weather forecasting: Artificial intelligence (AI) methods implement reinforcement learning on previous forecasts and original outcomes. By analyzing forecasts with the actual results, it is able to learn and enhance simulation abilities, predicting the weather more accurately in the future.
- Improved safety: AI can manage the intensity and features that humans cannot approach accurately. Advancements in Machine Learning technology means that AI can adjust to variations in threats automatically and detect issues as they occur.
Though the exact future can’t be predicted, it is evident that Artificial Intelligence will become a significant part of our lives. There are many different methods in which this technology can influence our future. While most of this technology at present is still rudimentary, with organizations starting to implement AI, eventually advanced AI will exceptionally impact our everyday lives and will make our tasks simple.