Veeam’s Most Scalable Solution To-Date Heralds a New Era for Enterprise Availability, Adding 250+ New Innovative Features to its Award-Winning Solution
Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™, today announced the general availability of Veeam Availability SuiteTM v9. The latest version of Veeam’s award-winning availability solution introduces more than 250 new innovative features and enhancements to help organisations deliver on the needs of the Always-On Enterprise, enabling SLAs (service level agreements) for recovery time and point objectives, or RTPO™, of less than 15 minutes for ALL applications and data.
According to a Forrester/Disaster Recovery Journal survey of global disaster recovery decision-makers, 35 percent of companies reported that mismatched business expectations from technology capabilities was one of the biggest challenges faced when recovering from their most recent disaster or major business disruption[i]. The survey found that business managers and executives are demanding their IT organisations deliver better availability, but IT is struggling to meet those expectations. With Veeam Availability Suite v9, Veeam is enabling enterprises of all sizes to close this gap (the Availability Gap) and deliver 24/7 availability.
“Today’s enterprises are more demanding than ever before, generating ever-increasing amounts of data to which they expect 24/7 access; this places an immense burden on IT to deliver,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO at Veeam. “Veeam Availability Suite v9 addresses these needs with our most robust, scalable and feature-rich offering to date. Almost 42,000 customers registered for pre-launch updates (double that of v8), which illustrates the desire among enterprises to move from legacy backup solutions to innovative availability solutions. With this latest launch, Veeam is solidifying our position as the only company able to meet the needs of today’s Always-On Enterprise.”
Veeam Availability Suite v9 introduces hundreds of enterprise-focused enhancements and new innovative features delivering the following capabilities: high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Notable highlights within Veeam Availability Suite v9 are:
EMC VNX and VNXe hybrid storage array integration
- A powerful combination of Veeam and EMC delivers lower RTPOs with Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer™ for Storage Snapshots. This integration helps IT professionals rapidly create backups from EMC VNX or VNXe storage snapshots up to 20 times faster than the competition and easily recover individual items in two minutes or less — without staging or intermediate steps — all with minimal impact on production virtual machines (VMs).
NEW Additional Primary Storage Integrations for HPE, NetApp and EMC
- Veeam On-Demand Sandbox™ for Storage Snapshots and enhancements to Backup from Storage Snapshots for storage solutions from EMC, HPE and NetApp to help leverage enterprise storage investments for dev/test and eliminate impact from backup activities on production environment.
- Direct NFS Access for any NFS-based primary storage to improve backup performance and remove impact from backup activities on VMware vSphere hosts.
NEW Veeam Explorer for Oracle (and many other enhancements for the family of Veeam Explorers)
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle: Features unique transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases, including agentless transaction log backup so customers can restore databases to a precise point in time, thus achieving low recovery point objectives (RPOs); quick and simple 1-click restore of individual databases; support for databases running on Windows- and Linux-based servers, and fully compatible with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- New eDiscovery features for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange: Useful for complying with legal or government investigations, new features include detailed export reports specifying exactly what was exported, from where, and with what search criteria; as well as search query result size estimation capabilities; and
- Major enhancements for Microsoft enterprise applications: Allows restores of Group Policy Objects, integrated DNS records and configuration partition objects with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, full-site restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, and table-level restores with Veeam Explorerfor Microsoft SQL Server.
DRaaS powered by Veeam Cloud Connect Replication
- Included in v9, Veeam customers get a fully integrated, fast and secure means to replicate workloads to the cloud, enabling Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with dramatically improved recovery time objectives (RTOs). By building a technology that securely and seamlessly bridges the user to a trusted service provider of their choice, Veeam customers no longer have to build and maintain a disaster recovery site, offloading a tremendous amount of cost and complexity from their IT infrastructure. The extended functionality also gives Veeam Cloud & Service Providers the ability to provide their customers with fast and secure DRaaS with the new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers offering.
For further details on the new Veeam Availability Suite v9, visit the Veeam blog.