Dell EMC today announced broadened support of Microsoft environments with new Microsoft Azure Services, Validated Systems for Microsoft Exchange and SQL, as well as customer momentum for the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft. The new services and validated systems can enable customers to increase business agility, improve efficiencies and lower costs with highly customizable hybrid cloud and infrastructure solutions.
“For more than 30 years, Dell EMC and Microsoft have focused on delivering best-in-class, innovative solutions that span the entire Microsoft product portfolio to organizations all over the world,” said Jim Ganthier, senior vice president, Validated Solutions Organization, Dell EMC Converged Platforms Solution Division. “Together, we are working to both simplify and accelerate customers’ journey to the cloud, helping them build individualized cloud solutions that are future-proofed for business and IT transformation.”
Through this alliance, Dell EMC today announced availability of a new suite of Azure Cloud Services, which enables customers to easily adopt hybrid cloud services, increasing efficiencies and extending the capabilities of their IT infrastructure. These cloud services are hosted, managed and delivered from Azure. Backed by Dell EMC enterprise-grade service level agreements, 24/7 tech support and service health monitoring, customers pay only for the services consumed and without long-term contracts. The new services include:
- Azure Backup– a flexible, secure, scalable backup solution in Microsoft’s cloud management portfolio. With no capital investment and consumption-based pricing, this service delivers significant cost savings while protecting data running in virtual machines or on physical servers, as well as in Azure.
- Azure Dev/Test Labs– a service that allows developers and testers to create and provision Windows and Linux environments quickly using reusable templates and pre-provisioned environments in Azure. As a result, customers can minimize time and waste, control costs and scale-up load testing efficiently.
- Azure Business Continuity Solution– utilizes multiple Azure services delivered with Dell EMC consulting, provisioning, break/fix support, and single-source pay-as-you-go billing. This solution brings enterprise-class business continuity to small businesses by making it accessible and radically simpler without having to design, build, or maintain it on their own.
DELL EMC HYBRID CLOUD SYSTEM FOR MICROSOFT GAINS MOMENTUM, HELP BUSINESSES TO SIMPLIFY CLOUD DELIVERY, MANAGEMENT AND SCALE
Since introduced in October 2015, customers from financial services to technology providers have selected the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System (DHCS) for Microsoft to power their hybrid cloud environments. These customers are benefiting from the industry’s first integrated, hybrid cloud solution that offers simplified, automated deployment and maintenance capabilities and unparalleled hybrid cloud governance, control, and policy-based automation for Azure with an optional, unique payment solution to reduce investment risk:
- Glarner Kantonalbank, an innovative digital Swiss bank, wanted to upgrade its already successful hybrid cloud. Glarner Kantonalbank chose the DHCS, installed with the help of Dell EMC Deployment Services, in the first rollout of its kind in Europe. As a result, it can expand and become a full service provider of digital services for other banks.
- CGI Group Inc., the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world, offers private cloud deployments with a customized approach to meet client requirements. With DHCS, the company significantly improves time-to-value for clients by simplifying deployments, reducing risks, and cutting deployment time by up to 50 percent.
- PeeringOne, a Malaysian-based cloud provider, needed to meet growing customer demand for cloud services and guarantee reliability and performance. The modular scale-out architecture of the DHCS enabled PeeringOne to minimize capital expenditure and leverage cost savings to ensure compelling customer price points.
- Pulsant, a UK-based cloud hosting company, increasingly required a hybrid cloud based on Microsoft technology. After running a successful proof of concept, the company deployed two DHCS appliances and expects its new hybrid cloud offerings to drive up to $2 million (US) in new business.
NEW VALIDATED SYSTEMS DRIVE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND COLLABORATION EFFORTS
Dell EMC’s converged infrastructure leadership spans tested and validated reference architectures, solution bundles, validated systems and turnkey, fully engineered systems for a variety of use cases. The Dell EMC converged infrastructure portfolio covers the “build” to “buy” continuum, so customers can easily and effectively adopt key technologies, such as flash, software-defined storage and scale-out architectures, in industry leading offerings, purpose built for wherever they are in their digital transformation journey. In support of its service-defined infrastructure approach, Dell EMC today unveiled two additions to its Validated Systems portfolio:
- Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft SQL is designed for superior performance, significant cost savings and scalability for future needs. It allows customers to process in-memory online transaction processing (OLTP) workloadsup 30 times faster with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, as well as consolidate sprawling legacy databases with the latest Dell EMCPowerEdge R830 servers for a modern data warehousing solution with exceptional performance and total cost of ownership.
- TheDell EMC Validated System for Microsoft Exchange is a pre-architected and validated datacenter solution for email workloads. The highly scalable system delivers faster time to value by shortening the design, delivery and configuration time for Exchange Server 2016. Designed for exceptional scalability, this converged system lowers cost of ownership through resource consolidation, optimized storage design and efficient system management built on the Dell EMC PowerEdge R730xd server.
These new Dell EMC Validated Systems can be configured, quoted and ordered in minutes, while lifecycle management tools allow customers to easily deploy, scale and update systems.